This is a little something about why people might want to make it, or where it comes from, or how you created it.
Time: 30 mins prep, 20 mins cooking, 10 mins clearing up
Makes: 24 buns
- 6 medium sized potatoes
- 1 small tin of fish
- secret ingredients of your choice
- Wash, chop and boil potatoes in salted water for 20 minutes. Keep them unpeeled.
- Drain water then mash poatatoes
- Open tin and add fish: eg mackerel,sardines, tuna
- Mash together with other flavouring ingredients eg butter, lemon juice,garlic, spring onion.
Serve with hot buttered toast and a boiled or poached egg if you like.
You can also roll patties of the mixture in flour, egg and breadcrumbs or oatmeal to make lovely fishcakes.